Re[2]: [OT] Antarctic Ice Bergs was Re: [at-l] Re: Maine land prices

I'd  be  more  impressed  by  the citation if it was a scientific publication as
opposed  to  a  "news service" which commonly are set up by folks with an axe to
grind.  No.  I  have  no idea about the political bias of the New Scientist, but
I'll try to check.

I  Haven't followed the issue of global warming lately because as of a few years
ago the fact of global warming struck me as pretty settled science.

Nor  am  I  particularly impressed that occasionally data will be contradictory.
Global  warming  changes  the  pattern  of  ocean  currents, which are driven by
temperature  differences. Changing current patterns will make nearby land masses
colder or warmer.

In  fact  one  of  the  major  concerns  as  temperatures  rise is that the high
temperatures  will  change the path of the ocean current that sweeps past Europe
and is cooled by the Arctic and chills the coast of Maine.

If  this  happens  it could trigger a new ice age in northern Europe -- and warm
Maine to the climate of Florida.

Weary