[at-l] [OT] Antarctic Ice

In a message dated 6/9/2002 9:14:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jbkramer@afn.org writes:

> Or for you ozone hole junkies:
>
> Cosmic rays linked to ozone hole

      *** If this obvious factoid were true the cosmic rays that have been
bombarding the earth for eons would have finished off the ozone layer years
ago. I don't see anyone cheering on a return of freon...

     As for the data concerning the antarctic ice cap's health, I would
simply suggest going to any of the worlds glaciers that have long been
recognized as undergoing a major recession in the last century. World
resource depletion and unsustainable overpopulation are two uglies I myself
would not try to work encouraging figures for. The CIA has publicly said that
future wars will be fought over water. There simply isn't enough for the
numbers we are heading for. If we change rain patterns that will only worsen
the situation.

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---