[at-l] RE: Why the Grand Unification Theory - isn't

At 07:43 PM 6/6/2002 -0400, you wrote:

>Don't judge the man based on the media reports.  His actions are not as
>they were presented by the press who are more interested in sensationalism
>than truth in reporting.  He is a devout Muslim but not of the radical
>fundamentalist variety.

He does subscribe to Sharia (Koranic law) and believes that
it would be appropriate to apply Sharia to Salman Rushdie's
alleged blasphemy -- the punishment for which is death.  He
is very explicit about this on his website.

In my book, that's a pretty extreme position.

rafe b.
aka terrapin