[at-l] Airline Travel with a backpack

Hi All, I have been a lurker for years on this list and am getting ready to
do another "Chunk Hike" and have a question.

With airport security heightened since....(well, you know).... I was
wondering if there are any new regulations about backpacking equipment. I am
aware that fuel is OUT as well as matches and lighters, but with residue
from fuel on stoves and fuel bottles are these now causing problems with
getting backpacks on plans or checked as baggage?

If you have any experience with this please let me know.

Dan "High Tech" Kohn
GA -> VA 1996
VA -> PA 2002
PA -> ME ????