:-) Semi- OT: Tomatoes (was) RE: [at-l] Tornadoes

;-) Oh boy!  Tomato sandwiches.  Tomato pies...

Oh tornadoes...

I mean no disrespect to those who suffered.  I've come close and worse I've
had family and friends who've suffered.  But honestly when I first saw the
the heading my mind read it as tomatoes.  And my mouth's been watering for a
mess of home grown tomatoes so that I could make some tomato sandwiches.

When I hike, I like carrying along a few tomatoes and mayo and loaf bread
and salt and pepper.  I use to do it just bumming around the woods when I
was young.  Nothing beats a tomato sandwich.

One question though, I read a gourmet cookbook years ago that suggested that
up North, y'all put butter on your tomato sandwiches.  Do you?  That's
almost as sacreligious as putting syrup on grits.  :-)

And ON TOPIC, does anyone have any good tomato recipes that can be
dehydrated?  I find I can live off almost anything if I can add catsup or
tomato based sauces.  Has anyone every dehydrated catsup?

William, The Tomato Turtle