[at-l] Quandry---

I have seen people on park that carry insulated cases for their insulin a=
nd if memory serves, I have seen these cases in the pharmacies. =20

----- Original Message -----
From: lbooher
Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2002 12:36 AM
To: List AT
Subject: [at-l] Quandry---

This summer, my husband, our 21 year old daughter, and I are going to Spa=
in
to hike the Camino.  Our daughter needs allergy shots something like twic=
e a
week.  She'll have to carry the little vials of shot medicine with her.  =
How
do we keep it cool?  We'll be in a refugio (hostel) or inn every night, s=
we could refrigerate it at night, I think (and try to remember to get it =
out
in the morning <G>), and maybe have ice to pack around it some way.  We j=
ust
don't quite know how to manage all this.

Have any of you dealt with some kind of shot meds on the trail?  What do =
we
carry them in?  Will we need ice?  Should ice even come in contact with i=
t,
or will that spoil it?  Any help here will be appreciated.  Thanks.

anklebear

---