Gear list, was Re: [at-l] base pack weight

Orange Bug wrote:

> The important issue ain't the weight, it is the contents that make the
> weight.
>
> If those 15 pounds do not have adequate rain gear, you have too much
> weight. If you figure out 12 pounds with good shelter, clothing,
> backpack, first aid, cooking gear and sleeping gear - then 12 pounds is
> just about right. If you choose to bring several pounds of unnecessary
> gear that improves your quality of life as a hiker, those pounds aren't
> excessive.
>
> How about posting your gear list?

I'm doing this without actually taking my pack apart, so it might
be wobbly.  Some items weren't in there when I weighed the pack this
morning.  I'll * them.

G4 pack
silnylon pack cover
silnylon poncho
down blanket, trash compactor bag, silnylon stuff sack, rubber band
Z-rest pad, 8 sections
Hennessy 1.5 lb hammock
Reflectix shield or truck windshield reflector or space blanket or mylar
bivy  (a tad undecided yet..)
*possibly a fleece blanket / very ugly fleece sarong
Equinox bivy (for sleeping in shelters)
4 stakes + silnylon stake bag
50 ft spectra rope + stuff sack/ rockthrow bag
first aid kit + stuff sack
Ursack
Ti pot + stuff sack
spork  (or spoon plus chopsticks, undecided)
pepsi can stove
hardware cloth pot stand
a circle of blue foam pad for under the pot
foil windbreak for stove
big trash bag
silnylon clothes stuff sack
hotsox + stuff sack
windpants and windshirt, 2 stuffsacks
*spare socks
*spare pair of undies
shortie gaiters
turtleneck (would be smartwool, if i'd gotten around to buying it)
smartwool long bottoms
fleece top
fleece hat
gloves
packtowel
*toilet paper
trowel
*platypus bags + bite tube
*iodine + vitamin c
matches and lighter
bug mesh bag for bivy in shelters, over head on bag bug days
*wide brim hat
plastic cup
thermometer/compass
*maps/databook pages
*medicine
feminine stuff
mirror
*ID
*money
*list of important phone numbers
photon light
zipka
spectra lanyard
tiny knife
tiny can opener
*lip balm
*soap
*purell
*bug dope
carabiner
*hiking poles + duct tape
*bandanna, maybe two (one is my sternum strap)
golf pencil
ziplocks
*fanny pack
*secondary hair restraint device

not in there yet, but maybes:
lightweight cotton shorts and shirt - a luxury,
to wear in town.  < 8 oz total.
a bag of baking soda
a book
a spare beener
sun lotion  (but hey, i already got the first sunburn of the year..
maybe i'm done.)  (not)
camp shoes / aqua sox
small hairbrush
gladware bowl and lid