[at-l] base pack weight

The important issue ain't the weight, it is the contents that make the
weight.

If those 15 pounds do not have adequate rain gear, you have too much
weight. If you figure out 12 pounds with good shelter, clothing,
backpack, first aid, cooking gear and sleeping gear - then 12 pounds is
just about right. If you choose to bring several pounds of unnecessary
gear that improves your quality of life as a hiker, those pounds aren't
excessive.

How about posting your gear list?

Bill...