[at-l] Daypack Help Solicited

At 01:38 PM 4/18/02 -0500, Shane Steinkamp wrote:
>I use a fanny pack as a belly bag.  I'm very keen on this idea, but I own
>seven or eight of them and none of them are quite perfect.  Either they are
>too small or they are so large that they 'bounce' and slap your private
>parts with every step.  (Especially true in areas where one can walk au
>natural.)

I never hike au natural but I do use a fanny pack turned to the
front,  It's a rather ugly black/orange one that has the distinct advantage
of compression straps.  After dumping in my stuff (usually P&S camera,
GORP, whatever else I decide) I zip it up and yank the compression
straps.  Voila, no bounce.  I've been looking for one that works the same
but is different.  Same in the sense that it has compression straps, but
different in that it is not orange and has 2 or 3 compartments side by side
a'la Batman's utility belt.  Maybe I'll have to build one.

sAunTerer