[at-l] Thoughts of Slackpacking:

At 05:03 AM 4/17/02 -0700, Orange Bug wrote:
>Dreams aren't static. They have legs of their own, and carry people to pretty
>interesting places.

True.  My first passion was to thru-hike solo, no support, backpacking all
the way, etc.  Then I realized that kind of thru would be *just* a walk and
to finish would limit my artistic/photographic ambitions so now I'm leaning
toward sectioning and possibly supported hiking.  OTOH it's hard to let go
of the romance that goes with the idea of a thru and the notion keeps
creeping back.  I'm 57, healthy and a pretty strong (if not fast)
hiker.  Maybe I can manage to do both?  Fingers crossed.

sAunTerer