[at-l] NIMBYISM and other nonsense

"...And  I'd suggest that until you actually do a thruhike you don't have a clue
about  the  motivation  of  those  who  do and you should avoid making a fool of
yourself like this." thinks Jim and/or...

Well  Jim,  after 60 years of pondering, walking on, working on, thinking about,
talking  to .... I suspect I have at least a CLUE -- even though an infected toe
and  a sciatica nerve (DelDoc thinks it may have been a different nerve) kept me
a couple of hundred miles shy of what some think is a coveted goal.

Weary