-----Original Message-----
From: Sloetoe [mailto:sloetoe@yahoo.com]

--- Christopher Willett <cwillett@math.uiuc.edu> wrote:
> I'm not sure if this is what you were thinking of, but Moose
> Goo sprung to mind as something similar.  See
>
> http://www.ultralightbackpacker.com/moosegoo.html
>
> I haven't tried it for the stupid reason of not having a
> squeeze tube.

1/3 Peanut Butter
1/3 Honey            Citidel Spread, or Appalachian Spread
1/3 Dry Milk         see Garvey's "Appalachian Hiker"

1/3 Peanut Butter
1/3 Honey                        Moose Goo
1/3 Corn Flour (*not* Corn Meal)

(BTW, I still prefer Citidel Spread, but Moose Goo packs quite a
punch. A cheaper alternative than 100% corn flour (look in
Hispanic grocery) is the (Somebody help me) "Red Arrow" brand
"Multi-Flour Pancake Mix" -- prime ingrediant? Corn flour. About
half the price, and a boatload more fiber.)

Oh, and don't forget Moose Balls: Do the Moose Goo thing, but
keep adding flour until you can easily roll them into 1" balls,
then roll those balls in dry milk, coating them so they don't
stick together too badly (if frozen at -400*F on your winter
hike), and pop 'em back into the lightweight plastic peanut
butter jar from which your peanut butter came. Yumminiferous.
And a tasty way to spend a Sunday afternoon. Not that I have any
experience in the matter.