[at-l] Self Doubt (How to help a Newbie: Update 4 - Part II)

In a message dated 4/11/02 4:35:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
rafe.bustin@verizon.net writes:

<<  And it occurred to me that I had set out to
 have fun, that fun was a pretty high priority.  After all, if I'd wanted
 a job, I wouldn't have quit a perfectly good one in order to do my
 hike.   >>

    LOL about the job part!  Well said!
Since hiking is fairly difficult to me (being very overweight and extremely
prone to blisters!), I never thought of my thru as being fun.  Now that you
have said that, it makes a lot of sense!
    For me, because it is difficult, I am filled with great senses of
accomplishment and strength when ever I summit a mountain, or cross a stream,
or do anything at all in the woods!  *G*   It is a natural high like you
wouldn't believe!
 (Actually, look who I am talking to!!  Of course you understand! *S*)
    What I am wondering is if those feelings will be sustained during a
thru............or will it all become fairly mundane?  I guess there is a
good argument for the case of any long-term goal failing if it is based on an
emotion.  Emotions are just way too fleeting.
Any thoughts? Anna