[at-l] Re: Law in the Jungle WAS: Stiffed by Hiker & Murder indictment.

> This sort of thing happens so rarely, I really wonder what's the point
> of agonizing over it.

No agony, just playing the 'what if?' game.  Sometimes the game is absurd,
but makes for interesting conversation.

> Too much TV makes one think that "perps" are lurking round every corner.

Agreed.  All media is saturated with violence, but real life is very
different.  Officer's carry guns, but the average officer is unlikely to
EVER draw his weapon in the line of duty.

Similarly, one is not likely to be attacked, by man or beast, on the trail.
We still think about it and discuss it, however, because ignorance is not
bliss...

Shane