[at-l] Phil to Phi re: First Need Filters

Phil, I have used First Need Filters in the somewhat distant past and
have found them to be inferior to the present generation of filters by
other companies.  YMMV as with all gear preferences.  Weight and
durability seemed to be problems with them for me.  I'm satisfied with
my PUR HIker filter.

I'm not sure any filter really does much more than give us some degree
of self deception that we are being safer with our water supply.  I know
that cross contamination of intake and output hoses is a problem that I
probably don't protect against as I should.

I do however, take some comfort in knowing that all that dirt and filth
that I throw away when my filter gets clogged has not traversed through
my body.