[at-l] Off trail friendships

Kelly asked:
"If all the active posters on the list went on a hike together, would we
all
come back nice and chummy, or not come back at all because we killed
each
other?"

I've long suspected that most of us on the list probably wouldn't like
each other very much on a daily basis.  We are all fairly opinionated
and individualistic, and pretty much span the extremes of personalities
found in the regular society.

Even on the trail I find that there are certain people who may be very
knowledgeable about hiking but are rather obnoxious to be around on a
regular basis.  The mailing list lets me get their opinions and
expertise without letting incompatible personalities get in the way too
much.