[at-l] ATML List: Code Words

> Rather than split up the list, why not start a new convention on the list
> whereby we preface each post with some kind of identifier?  Of course the
> subject line could do this alone, but such a code-word convention might
> impose a bit of self discipline.  It would also be something that we could
> add to other's subject lines when we post a follow up if they have missed
> it.  It would only work if the more prolific posters bought into the idea,
> but who knows, they might.

	Folks try that sort of thing on various lists, but it often doesn't
work well. And you'd still have to delete the ones you don't want. We
could try it, but I don't know...

> Off the top of my head here are some ideas:

> Adv:  Conservation and Political

> Rick Boudrie

	I'd definitely avoid 'Adv:' for anything. A few spammers are actually
considerate enough to put 'ADV' in their subjects to mark
advertisements, and many spam filters therefore automatically kill them.
Or, uh, was that the idea?

	Ron
--

yumitori(AT)montana(DOT)com