[at-l] Need Help Choosing Backpack for AT

Orange Bug  wrote:
  > Your backpack should be among the last of your purchases.

I've heard this over and over, and while I see the logic in it, I don't
agree that it will work for everyone. When I decided to get into
backpacking, I had NO gear. No stove, no pack, no tent. But I wanted to
get out and backpack. How would I know I'd like it if I didn't try it?
And I wasn't gonna spend $100+ for a piece of equipment that I might
never use more than once. So I bought a backpack for $25. No, it's not
what I'll use on the AT next year, but it has allowed me to try out my
new hobby, and decide that yes, I do want to continue this hobby. Plus,
I have learned what I want and don't want in a pack, so when the time
comes to buy a "real" pack, I can make an educated purchase.

At that time, I will take my gear into the store and buy the smallest,
lightest, most comfortable pack that fits within my budget. Until then,
I'll have fun with what I have.

Teresa:)