[at-l] ATVs & I am back

First off it is good to be back to the list.  I signed off before I left for
the hills of TN for a gathering of sorts with friends from around the
country.  After getting caught up around the house and work I am finally
back.

Now the ATVs.  While in TN I heard a story on ATVs.  I am not going to
debate the issue and fully understand the AT is no place for them but I
thought some of you may enjoy this as it does in a way add a little light on
some users.

My friend Pat in CT has land in PA.  Both he and his wife are avid
bowhunters and hope to build a weekend place there someday.  He has a very
liberal policy reguarding his land and has little problems with the locals.
He is not fond of ATVs because many riders tear over the land instead of
just driving them in a reasonable manner.  Everyone up there knows they can
cross his land on foot and no ATVs are allowed.
While hunting one day in full camo, he witnesses an ATV very slowly approach
his fence.  The rider gently rides up to the fence, reaches out and pulls it
up.  While lifting the fence with one hand he slowly throttles up and slips
underneath it and nearly under pat himself.  Pat in a fit of rage screams at
the rider to stop and practically jumps out of his tree.  He approaches the
rider and gets in his face and chews him out.  Finger in his face and tells
him in the clearest language that NOBODY brings an ATV onto his land.
The rider just sat there, let him finish then raised his two leg stumps and
said "even me?"

Pat screamed back "YOUR the only exception."

Boy was he embarassed.