[at-l] Therma-Rest pads, What do you like or Hate?

At 11:40 AM 3/25/02 -0500, jtwilkins@comcast.net wrote:
>I'm picking my therma-rest for my hike and I'm getting dizzy over which one
>to take. My main question is 3/4 or not. I'm tall but I really don't think I
>will mind having no pad under my legs. But I want to see what other think
>about which therma-rest and if you didn't mind the 3/4 or hated the sleeping
>with nothing under your legs.

I have a ¾ length Thermarest Light and it's great.  I've never slept well
on shelter floors or the ground.  I prefer my hammock but when tenting I
love the Thermarest.  I have never minded not having the pad under my lower
legs.  If you feel you need something, try using some of your clothing.

sAunTerer