Re[2]: [at-l] slackpacking revisited

"... those who do lots of food drops are also tied down right tight, too."

Not really. The post office will keep packages for weeks if you tell them you
are an AT hiker. True. As you approach a weekend or a holiday, you have to
decide whether to slow down or speed up. I tended to favor the former. There are
always fascinating things to see or study.

Sometimes I recruited a "partier" to pick up my PO package. So I could arrive at
my leisure. I had 23 or 24 mail drops. None proved to be a scheduling problem.

Weary