[at-l] Purism...to me.

> Secondly, it really doesn't matter to me. It is just the way
> I do things. It is important to me to be  honest to myself
> and then to others. Had I missed a hundred feet of trail, I
> would not have gotten the patch. I did not get the patch for
> anyone but me. I did not hike the trail for anyone but me.
> So, do what you want...just be honest with yourself...and,
> to others.

I have to agree with this idea, and folks will still hike teir own hike.

One of the things that was hashed around on atml was how to define a
purist hike or qualify for the Avery.  One if the exceptions to passing
all the white blazes was blue blazing if weather dictacted such.  I
found myself in that position this fall when almost at the top of
Madison, I turned around and took the Precipice-? trail to the hut.  The
trail I took was actually longer and a more brutal hike than if I'd gone
over the top, but the lightening was fearsome, and I didn't want to
chance becoming bacon.  I met Baltimore Jack at the hut and he mentioned
I can always come back and finish the summit.  I probably will, but if I
don't, then what?  Can I still be a 2000 miler if I don't, or will that
be up to me to decide?

> HOW 'BOUT THEM HOOSIERS!!!  FINAL FOUR, BABY!!!

How 'bout that Trevor Huffman???

Local boy from Petoskey, ya know.

RonW