Re[2]: [at-l] Cell phone connection availability

"... Knowing that I can call  civilization at any time with all kinds of
requests to meet all kinds of  emergencies is incompatible with my sense of
wildness. I seek wildness to  participate in wildness. Wildness, by its very
nature, vanishes when at the  slightest whim, I can call a stock broker, rescue
team, lover, kids, whatever." reported Weary (me)in a reply that even Shane
seemed to like.

"...So, simple question - how would I spoil your 'wilderness' experience were I
to carry a cell phone, but never let you know I had it?" asks a very logical Ron
m.

Because hikers are very friendly people. It matters not whether I carry a phone,
as long as a majority of hikers carry phones. I need only to ask and I'll be
pestered with offers of phone use. As I told Shane, " Wildness, by its very
nature, vanishes when at the  slightest whim, I can call a stock broker, rescue
team... whatever."

 Weary