Challenge was: [at-l] Church Of the..

Weary, you are ON tonight!

> The eastern woods and mountains are endlessly fascinating to those with
> the
>  curiosity to look, think and try to understand. ONe could spend a
> lifetime
>  walking these mountains and still not fully understand the web of life
> through
>  which they walk.

> "I won't presume to answer for Sly, but your question fails to >recognize the
>  problem. There is no way that the increasing reliance on cell phones
> will not
>  "impinge on other people's illusion of wilderness."

I love this list.
I leave, as Weary and Sly are battling over Leki use.
I return to find them united against cell phones.
What a wonderful, wonderful world...

> Cell phones? The psychic damage they do to the sense of wildness is
> enormous.
>  But they are available and no power -- except the evolution of humans
> into
>  rational beings -- will keep them from being used.

Oh yes! The evolution of humans into a species of wise creatures (reason
alone is too cold, wisdom is better).

And we all know when THAT day will be...  and it ain't freezin' anytime
soon.
It's ALREADY a little too warm in here, don't you think...?

--
    	Jan Leitschuh Sporthorses Ltd.

	Website: