[at-l] pittsburgh 730pm 03/18/02

pittsburgh 730pm 03/18/02

met trudy and her humans, cesar and maude, early in the hike today, and spent the day wth them.  the trail was above the clouds most of the day, providing some surrealistic vistas, with peaks poking above the sea of white.  there was crunchy ice on the trail over stony man, and here and there all day.  the rains let up fairly early.  occasionaly, the clouds would rise to envelope us, causing shivers, and making us put cothes on, them off, then on, then off...

saw many deer today.  they tend to be fearless towards humans, but trudy's yap-yap bark sent them on their way.  saw three spring break fellas from athens ohio, saw a few tourists, and saw lots of activity getting skyland and big meadows ready for the season...

skyline picked me up at tanners ridge road, where the trail passes by a cemetary.  i had a great plate of ravioli at a pizzeria in luray, plus got a sub for tommorrow.  the big pack goes back on tommorrow, as i say goodbye to skyline and dr. dick.  two days to elkton, hiking with trudy et al, then a zero day.  then gary roberts will join me for five or six days to rockfish gap...

pittsburgh

This mobile message sent using PocketMail.
Sign up for unlimited e-mail at www.PocketMail.com.