[at-l] PAY PHONE follow-up

In my sections last year, I noticed a trend toward pay phones becoming a
rip off. For instance, at Mountain Mamma's the pay phone outside the store
will not accept calling cards, works for $1 for a few minutes of "anywhere
long distance" and comes out being pretty expensive compared to other means
of long distance. I noticed similar pay phones in Hot Springs with
differing charges for long and local calls. It was frustrating, along the
lines of what gets folks interested in 2600 cells. Hot Springs is the
worst, as there is one cell tower and no cell signal in the town. I've
suggested where the next tower should be erected, but that was another
thread last summer.

I prefer to use pay phones, as my wife prefers not to be teased with cell
calls from the woods. I give her phone numbers of places I will pass if
there is an emergency need for her to reach me.

OrangeBug