From: Jim and/or Ginny Owen
To: at-l@backcountry.net; Ferguson@CWF.org
Sent: 3/12/02 5:04 PM
Subject: [at-l] Pennsylvania Midstate Trail Info

Skippie wrote:
>I'm planning a 4 or 5 day out for mid to late August and would
appreciate
>any info and thoughts on the Midstate Trail in Pa, especially the
section
>from the US 322 crossing north to RB Winter Park.  In deference to
Felix, I
>would also accept info for the section from RB Winter SOUTH to the US
322
>crossing.

Ouch!!!  Nice section but go prepared for ROCKS.  The AT is a pussycat
by
comparison.  Still, this is one of the nicest sections on the trail.
We've
been there several times.

>Anyone's personal experiences, best printed resources, most useful
>maps...you folks know the standard catagories, so I won't list them
>all.

So you don't have the guidebook/maps?  You can order them through the
KTA
website:  http://www.kta-hike.org/ktapub.htm

Some other MST sites -
http://www.kta-hike.org/mid.htm
http://www.ragtag.org/logmst1.html
http://www.hikepa.com/gear/reviews/mst_guide.htm
http://www.hikepa.com/community/tales/creating_the_mid_state_trail.htm

>...who's going to finish the trip with a meal at Bechtels' in
>Lewisburg.

Good choice.

If you have questions, get back to us privately.  Be glad to talk about
it.

Walk softly,
Jim