Re[2]: [at-l] Trail Maintenance: Blazing

And as has been discussed regarding water purification, the AT is not
littered with the bones of hikers killed from outrageously risky
threats along the trail. In general, the blazes do their job as
intended. It remains wilderness in the sense that one hiking it has
sacrificed their use of the Golden Hour after an injury. It works for
me.

At least we haven't started hearing old folks' tales of "Back in my
day, we licked the trees to blaze them, uphill, in the snow, barefoot!
And we liked it!"

Bill...