[at-l] Re: What's in your first aid kit? WAS Honey

Orange Bug wrote:

> If you have a laceration in the woods that needs a suture, get thee to
> an emergency room. If an ER is 2-3 days away, you leave the wound open
> and as clean as possible. Folks have been doing this forever, until the
> advent of surgical procedures beyond the few skills barbers could
> accomplish.

I was just about to say this.  Thank you for doing so.  :)

Folks around here have been telling me about all kinds of things I
should put in my pack, like (for instance) a suture kit.  Like
I'm the suture queen or something.  I believe I'll leave that stuff
to the doctors, unless I'm in a situation where I'm not going to
see a doctor before I die or irreparable harm is done.  Then I'll give
it a go.

In the meantime, my body already has a wonderful defense system
set up.  It works on its own, it doesn't require any studying,
it doesn't require carrying any extra weight, and it's been
working just dandy for some time now.

(Er.. except for some of those pesky internal organs.. but some
of those nice doctor fellows took care of that for me.  See?  )

-amy, with the many healed injuries