Re[2]: [at-l] Reading glasses {WAS sunglasses}

"...then there's the other problem growing for me too - distance sight."

 Many years ago I was told by the eye doc I really needed bifocals or at least
 two pairs of glasses. But I assured him I could see distances okay. But then a
 couple of years ago, I couldn't pass the eye test for renewing my drivers
 license.

 So I got bifocals. A whole new world opened up for me. Now I need to do the
 trail again to see what I obviously missed the first time.

 BTW I used my reading glasses often on the trail -- for reading maps, reading
 books, and for reading the myriad of tiny things on the trail from tiny
 "british soldiers" fungi, to tiny flowers, fascinating bugs, even millipedes.

 That's why I was lost after deet fogged the lenses -- until a good samaritan
 (trail angel) donated his drug store glasses. The trail has many fascinating
 things to view. Distant mountains and rolling hills represent only a tiny piece
 of this fascinating puzzle we call the Appalachian Trail.

 Weary