[at-l] Reading glasses {WAS sunglasses}

----- Original Message -----
From: "Orange Bug" <orangebug74@yahoo.com>

> You do need them to read the fine print on the maps. For me, it is
> essential. You may also need them to deal with a sting or other close
> quarters task.

oh my, this seems so obvious now that you've said it!!  But I'd probably not
have thought about taking my reading glasses with me otherwise.  I've just
in the last year gotten to the point where I really never try to read
without them, but still seem to think I can.  The other night Pittsburgh was
here, and we were looking at a map together, and I couldn't read it . . .
had to go find my glasses first.

and then there's the other problem growing for me too - distance sight.  I
got out on the trail for one day a week ago, and was very frustrated for the
first time that the "birds" I was seeing were simply too indistinguishable
to be identified.  It may be time to have my eyes checked.  This over 40
crap . . .

suz