Re[3]: [at-l] AT-L Content

"...If you don't like AT-L and you want a list more to your liking, go start
one, but expecting Ryan to do it for you  is the height of ingratitude." thinks
Saunterer.

When Ryan tells me a subject is "off topic" I try to respect his request. Though
I notice that several who defend him so strenuously, sometimes don't.

I like sloetoe, especially after I met him and his allegedly hyperactive kids at
the PA RUCK, but I also thinks such comments about someone who has been on the
list for a year that "RnR may post something > inoffensive on occasion, but it's
a feint. He is poison, onlist > and off." is totally destructive.

If any thing is obvious, RnR, is an incredibly dedicated supporter of the trail.
Like many incredibly dedicated people he sometimes irritates those with less
dedication, or with a different ideas about what the trail needs. But he is not
" poison, onlist > and off."

I'm not surprised at the attitude. People called Henry Thoreau similar things.
Even John Muir, Teddy Roosevelt, Gifford Pinchot, Benton MacKaye, (pronounced
"eye") even Myron Avery. Why, unbelievable as it may seem, even I have been
criticized in similar terms. But we all know this is just irrational exuberance.
We don't really mean it.  I hope anyway.

Weary