[at-l] AT-L Content

RoksnRoots@aol.com wrote:

>      Today's List content is a good example of why a format change could be
> productive.  Most of what filled my mailbox today was not remotely Trail
> related and mainly consisted of chat room material. I believe AT-L could be
> improved if a descending scroll website forum was established for
> non-archiveable material. Most of what I scrolled through today does not
> deserve the time, space, and effort of being deposited into an archive file.
>      I know some don't like any suggestions, even productive ones, but after
> converting to such a format I believe even the most resistant doubters would
> find it an improvement. Persons who disconnected from AT-L because of volume
> would find it easier to access AT-L at their leisure instead of AT-L
> accessing them. Yes, I know AT-L is available in condensed form, but the open
> chat board format is easy to use and better serves the majority of present
> usage.
>     I await your condemnation...

	Always the optimist...

	Just for the heck of it, I checked out backcountry.net to see what
official description of the list was. Ryan links to the archives. So
anyone joining in has the opportunity to see what they are getting into
before subscribing. Seems to me, then, that if the list doesn't live up
to your expectations, you have no one to blame except for yourself.

	But if you /do/ wish to hang around, but prefer the forum format
instead, go here -

		http://forums.backcountry.net/

		where you'll find all the posts from the mailing list nicely laid out
in the manner you desire. Feel free to skip any thread you don't like,
including those I've posted to.

	Ron
--

yumitori(AT)montana(DOT)com