[at-l] Trekking Poles

I advocate two poles.  If you are really going to use poles to take a lot of
weight off your knees and feet, then I find putting any significant pressure
on one pole often forces me off-balance and the non-symmetry of one pole
just doesn't make for smooth hiking.

Using two poles and a diagonal stride allows me to take an even amount of
weight of my legs with each step I take.

I find when using the straps correctly, that the poles rarely get in my way.
  If I need my hands for something, I just "drop" the poles and they stay
nicely tethered to my hands.  Assuming I'm using the straps correctly, it's
easy to get them back into my hands without any undo extra effort.

I've never seen Komperdell reps at Trail Days.  The Leki reps may do some
routine maintenance on Komperdell poles (cleaning) but I wouldn't expect too
much and as far as I know, the parts aren't exchangable.  (Someone will
correct me if I'm wrong, I'm sure.  :-)

Mara
Stitches, GAME99