[at-l] Weary Of Shelters

There was a nice reference article on this in Backpacking Magazine
about 2 years ago. The idea is that it takes about 10 years for a
campsite to fully recover from use. Shelter and surrounding areas
localize the impact as sacrificial areas. This is sort of the idea
behind Hilton Head Island of sacrificing one barrier island and letting
other areas survive a bit longer. I'm not entirely convinced.

Does this idea work? It is up for debate and experimentation. We will
see.

Bill...