[at-l] Trekking Poles

Doug B wrote:

> For those who carry poles, do you use one or two
> poles?  Why or why not?
> And..does anyone know if there is a Komperdell rep at
> Trail Days?  I appreciate any feedback?

When I first started hiking, I'd use one wooden stick. It
was more of a toy, though. Something to hit stuff with, flip
stuff off the trail with, and I just liked having something
long and hard in my hand. On my thru-hike, I used two old
ski poles...aluminum and free. They were ugly, but great.
They were definitely more of a tool. It was better having
two because of balance, etc. Now, I have two Leki's and like
them better than I thought I would. I tend to shy away from
brandname anything...well, except stiptic pencils.

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98