[at-l] Poles

I am in dangerous territory here, having abandoned my materials
engineering major well before the end of my 4 years of undergraduate
study . . . but I THINK, from a physics/engineering perspective, that
the bottom section is both weakest (thinner), and that any section tends
to be a bit weaker when fully extended (gets thinner, and at end, there
is less internal overlap).  For these reasons, in my 3-section Lekis, I
always tried to make the bottom two sections roughly equal in terms of
extension . . . I have no idea if the Leki reps would agree or disagree
. . . just my 2 cents! :)

thru-thinker