From: "Parthena and Clint" <cnp@mindspring.com>
To: "PATHListServer" <PATH-LIST@PATH-AT.ORG>
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2002 12:40 AM
Subject: [PATH] Dates, times and locations for PATH Events

To All PATH Members:
Here are times, dates and locations for various upcoming events.  All PATH
members are welcome.  If you have any questions, please e-mail me.

1. TRIANGLE NEW MEMBERS MEETING. Saturday, March 2, at noon.  Sals Pizza on
State Hwy 54 in Durham.
Everyone invited, new or old, to eat pizza and get acquainted.  Information
will be handed out about our worktrips, then we'll eat some more.    The
address is: Sal's Pizza, 2223 E. NC Highway 54, Durham. telephone
919-544-1104  DIRECTIONS: From I-40 take the NC 54-55/Apex exit and head
south. At the traffic light at the intersection of NC 55 and 54, turn left
(east) onto NC 54 towards RTP. Cross the railroad tracks and immediately
turn left into the shopping center. If you pass a BP station on your left
and Hardees on the right, you have gone too far.  If you want to check out
Sal's Pizza in more detail, go to the following URL :
http://triangle.citysearch.com/E/V/RDUNC/1000/20/16/, and citysearch
provides a map if you want to use that.

2. WUNC-TV FUNDRAISING.  Sunday March 3rd.  Seven of our volunteers will be
answering phones for WUNC-TV on Sunday from 10:30 AM to 3:30 PM.  We'll be
the ones with PATH t-shirts, and a large PATH banner behind us, courtesy of
Old Log Gene Greer.  Tune in to see shows about outdoor activities in North
Carolina.  Better yet, call one of us and make a dontation.

3. MEETING WITH FOREST SERVICE. Friday, March 15th.  The meeting will be
held at Forest Service facilities at Sugar Grove, VA. The meeting with the
New River District will start around 1:00 PM and will be followed by the
meeting with Mt. Rogers around 3:00 PM.  This is the meeting where we review
upcoming work for the year.  Several PATH board members will attend and
anyone who wants to join us is welcome.  For further information contact
Parthena at cnp@mindspring.com or Bill Boudman at bilboudman@aol.com.

4. MARCH BLOWDOWN WORKTRIP.  Saturday, March 16th.  We'll stay overnight at
Sugar Grove. Crews will cut blowdowns and do other trail maintenance on
Saturday. Dress warmly - we sometimes have snow for this worktrip.  Please
bring a potluck dish to share with others for Saturday night.  For further
information contact Parthena at cnp@mindspring.com or Bill Boudman at
bilboudman@aol.com.

        A PATH BOARD MEETING, open to club members as well, will be held
around the fire on Saturday evening. Parthena will be at a toxicology
meeting.  If Paul Haag can make it, he will preside and Sec. John Hartpence
will take notes.

5. SOUTHERN REGIONAL MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE MEETING.  March 22-24 at Camp
Cheerio in Blowing Rock, NC.  Vaughn Thomas, Parthena Martin, Andrew
Mitchell and others from PATH plan to attend.  If you're interested and
don't have a registration form, let me know - I'll send you one.  For
further information contact Parthena at cnp@mindspring.com.

6. SUMMERFEST. June 13-17th at Chatfield Shelter.  Cynthia Crotwell will
lead us in rehabilitating the area with rocks and more rocks and more rocks.
If you like to play in the mud with rocks, this week is for you!  Volunteers
will be fed three meals a day prepared personally by famed PATH Chef
Billy-Bob Medlin!  For further information contact Parthena at
cnp@mindspring.com or Bill Boudman at bilboudman@aol.com.

7. KONNAROCK.  JULY 11-15 and 18-22.  Gullion Mountain Rehabilitation.
Learn trail building techniques from the Masters and earn  one of the famed
Konnarock T-shirts.  The only way you can buy one of these is with your own
sweat.  For further information contact Parthena at cnp@mindspring.com or
Bill Boudman at bilboudman@aol.com.

8. DAWG DAYS.  August 2-4.  Serious sidehilling for those who love to dig in
the dirt. And you can get another t-shirt!  Location is still to be
determined but I'm sure Trevor will be there to read Fup. Contact Marcia
Cope at 5558 Alma Drive, Clayton Acres, Winston-Salem, NC 27510-9634.
Telephone 336-377-2726.

<<