KILLER LOGS: WAS - Guns, Snakes, and Mice OH MY! (WAS: [at-l] RE: Manassas Shelter)

Shane Steinkamp wrote:

>>Can picture it all now.  Get my kids, all 35 and 42 lbs. of them on the AT
>>for the first time this summer and announce, "well chillen, the
>>next log you
>>climb over may .....or may not be a log.....
>>

> Logs are my perpetual bane on the trail, being responsible for more injuries
> and hurt pride than I can relate.  A log also caused my inadvertent
> encounter with an alligator.

My bane is projecting logs.  Just above eye level.  Tall people will see
them easily, short people will walk under them.  I, however, will not
notice them and knock myself bass ackwards.  I had to have someone
else drive me home after the last encounter.  I was concussed.  Also
cussing.

-amy