[at-l] for you northbounders...

the road walk into smithsburg md is about two miles from either foxville road (route 77) or wolfsville road (route 17), and is downhill (foxville road is better for hitching).  this will get you to the smithsville plaza with deli, vet, medical office, dollar general, pay phones, and picnic tables.  the medical office is not for walk ins, but push your case and they will see you.  the post office is another 0.4 miles into town...

the blue bear b&b is very nice, and accomodating to hikers.  there are a few changes from the description in the aldha companion (john o pay attention).  the continental breakfast is actually a full breakfast (tommorrow we have baked grapefruit, among other things).  the single rates are $50 for double bed and tub w/shower, and $55 for whirlpool bath with seperate shower.  double bed in each.  double occupancy has increased (book says $65), but didn't get the price.  you can use their laundry, tv, kitchen and phone.  a ride back to the trail is included.  plus, they were willing to run me wherever for supper (there are no businesses nearby), and come back and get me.  there is pizza delivery, which i may go for.  they can no longer accomodate hikers tenting in their yard.  they were never zoned for that sort of thing, and they got busted.  call them in advance if possible or be prepared to be turned away, they only have the two rooms...

smithsburg is a good place to stop or get a drop between harpers ferry and caledonia/pine grove...

pittsburgh

This mobile message sent using PocketMail.
Sign up for unlimited e-mail at www.PocketMail.com.