[at-l] Health Insurance

The problem is that health insurance is very complicated, getting more
expensive and often tied to one's employment. One could check with
their state's insurance commissioner regarding resources for individual
policies. One could also check with an insurance agent or financial
adviser.

There are a variety of options including high deductible catastrophic
coverage, particularly if you can qualify for a Medical Savings Account
(MSA) which works much like an IRA. If you belong to a
club/group/population that offers a group insurance policy, check it
out. Avoid HMO's, PPO's and other policies that have local networks
that you may not find available along the AT. If you are planning to
walk this year and just now thinking about health insurance, I
anticipate that you will join the 45,000,000 without coverage.

Bill...