Re[2]: [at-l] Approach trail or not?

I was warned away from the approach trail when I started in 1993. I took it
anyway. Why? I was starting a 2,000 mile walk. What possible difference could an
extra eight miles make, I thought.

 Nothing on the approach trail, or elsewhere, has convinced me this was the
 wrong choice. It's just a trail -- as interesting as most. More interesting
 than many.

 If you truly understand what you are getting involved with, do it or not. But
 if you are like most hikers and you really don't understand the challenges six
 months on a woods and mountain trail involve, my advice is to do the approach.
 You might as well get the "bad" news early. A thru hike is a major challenge.
 If the approach trail seems too difficult, you should ponder carefully what you
 are attempting.

 Weary