[at-l] Approach trail or not?

George, when you get right down to it, the entire trail is pointless.
I'm sure we cou get you a corporate jet from Atlanta to Maine and fly
you over the interesting peaks over the better part of an afternoon. If
your expectation is to walk every inch of it for some lofty point, you
might want to reconsider before you get too sweaty.

The entire trail gets tiresome, especially when you consider the
meaning of PUDS in Georgia. If the approach trail is excessive, pretty
much the entire thing will be over the top. That doesn't mean that many
folks have a good time with a ride up to the Springer parking lot and
taking pictures and saying goodbye as they start their walk. And it
doesn't mean that anyone thinks that the long uphill climb to Springer
is a great life enriching challenge.

It means that you have to make your own decision on which parts of the
trail you walk or skip, but on your own terms. If you let someone else
determine what is pointless and tiresome, you might as well start
reading books from the end.

Bill...