[at-l] (no subject)

Gratefully, "forgetting things" abated by the 2nd week
out when I'd
become
more *organized.* I'm pleased to say that I lost only
two items on my
whole
hike: a bandana top that I'd left at the B&B in
Manchester, CT, and a
bandana
that I'd dropped somewhere along the Trail when we
hiked my [skipped]
PA
section around Lehigh Gap later in October. Not bad.

One thing that I never seemed to get past was packing
and cinching up
my
pack only to discover -- almost every time!!! -- that
I'd left out an
item
(usually my water bag or the jacket/sweater I was
still wearing!!!).
What
a drag it was to have to open everything up again and
stuff the missed
item
back in and cinch up tight again before <finally>
heading out. It
happened
so frequently that I just accepted it as part of *my
routine.*

'Sounds as though you were destined to find that
*perfect* hiking pole,
however.
My guess is that it will come to mean a lot to you as
it calls to mind
the many
wonderful experiences of this hike. The other poles
you'd left behind
will likely
find their way into the hands of hikers who'll cherish
them, as well.
Nice karma.

Thanks for a really nice trip report!

Ready

***Golly Ready..it sure is nice to be in such good
company...I thought I would go MAD with this little
syndrome...packing totally up and then finding that
one ITEM that got left out...ACK...thanks for sharing
makes me feel better. And this is exactly how I earned
my name...the missing kink...:)

What I do to be better organized is have a couple of
different ziplocks or silbags that have the same stuff
in them ALL THE TIME...yellow is first aid...a
personal items ziplock etc, etc...they dont' get
zipped or closed til everything is in them...And I
think it is hard to for section hikers to get
organized but each time I go out gets a little
better...

vera (missing kink...)