[at-l] 15 billion light yrs.

1) You may wish to look up "eudaimonism".  Mostly defunct now (at least in
a formal sense), it was a Greek philosophical/ethical concept that posited
that when doing something for yourself you were also benefitting society.

2) Remember, you're a rational human being.  You are perfectly capable of
picking and choosing, and are not held to ALL tenets of any one system or
set of beliefs.

(I'm just saying that they are only not compatible if you limit yourself
to believing fully in one or the other.)

(And yes, that quote from Fountainhead was great.  All other things aside,
Rand's stuff is well written and inspirational.  Mix that with some Robert
Persig, from Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance fame, and you're
set. :)

-brian

--
Brian C. Merrell               | "All that glitters is not gold,
brian@patriot.net              |  All who wander are not lost."