[at-l] Unemployment Thru

At 09:23 PM 1/17/02 -0500, Abe wrote:
>Here in Pa... all employees pay into a unemployment fund... or is it a tax?
>anyway its very small       usually a few cents a week

The Federal Law (the Social Security Act actually) requires states to have
an Unemployment Insurance system and subsequent laws have set some common
standards but the exact setup is up to the states (states
rights?).  Anyway, it is possible that some states require employee
contributions.  It is my understanding that most don't.  I used to have
ready access to all the data on every state's system but NY's system was
centralized in a call center (3 actually) and I did not follow so I no
longer have up-to-date information on other states,

sAunTerer