[at-l] Small AT World

When we were hiking the PCT, we went to the Post Office on Monday morning to
pick up our bounce box.  A woman walked in whom I recognized.  "You're White
Buffalo!"  She said, "you're right, but it's been a long time since I heard
that name."  We had met 8 years before on the AT and she now lived in the
town (Big Bear, I think).  We chatted for a while and she offered us a ride
back to the trail.  Small world indeed!

In 1990 I was hiking the John Muir Trail.  I chatted with a couple of women
as we passed, and as I said goodbye, something struck me as familiar about
one of the women.  I asked, "Did you go to Occidental College?"  Sure
enough, she had lived in my dorm 13 years before.  We had a nice visit after
that.
Ginny