[at-l] leeches???

--- "Elizabeth A. Foshion" wrote:
> Been reading journals and it sounds like there's a
> lot of wading in ME. Are there leeches in any of
> those waters? Or elsewhere.

I waded streams quite a bit in Maine but didn't see
any leeches (there or anywhere along the Trail during
my Year 2000 thru-hike). It might have been too cold
for leeches by the time I got to Maine (they fly south
in V formation for the winter, each one right behind
the other, slightly to the side, to save on wind
resistance during the flight).

The movie 'Them' -- scared the daylights out of me
when I was a kid. Thirty foot ants, colonizing with a
queen that had been hit by an A-bomb, ant-mandables
eating two guys...and as I remember, a screaming woman
in a pink dress who was out surveying the remote
areas. The ants made some kind of eee eee sound when
hit with a flame thrower (just your normal walk in the
woods -- a woman in a pink dress and you happen to
have a flame thrower along with you on the picnic!
Pre-Esbit days I guess...).

Datto