[at-l] Re: Re Section hikes NJ > Maine

The Metro North train stops in Pawling, NY every day. It also will stop right along the AT on
weekends just before it reaches Pawling. As I recall the fare is something like $9 and the ride
doesn't take much more than an hour or so. Very good efficient service.

The AT also gets near several bus stops - usually Bonanza bus lines - like Southfields, NY (about 2
miles off the trail); Kent, CT; all sorts of places in MA. As you move out of the Birkshires it gets
a bit tougher. I'm sure there are some buses in VT, NH, and ME but the furthest I've gone is
Williamstown/North Adams, MA (well Millinocket, ME I suppose too - again using Bonaza and then
Greyhound).

  ** Ken **

**       krk@speakeasy.org        http://www.speakeasy.org/~krk     **