Re[3]: [at-l] Cold Questions

"... if you can't convince your own wife to do so, why do you think you can
convince others to  do so? asks Jim...

 Most of the good things in this world began with someone expressing an
 unpopular idea. Even a couple of unpopular things I've said over the years have
 sort of grown into being popular.

  It's like fishing. You cast your bait and sometimes it produces something
  worth while.

  But to get to your central point -- or one of them at least -- my wife and I
  have dual controls on our electric blanket. Only one side gets turned on. It's
  sort of why thru hiking partners are generally advised to carry two complete
  sets of gear. It allows friends to be independent -- and thus stay friends.

  I could write a very long essay on this country's foreign policy dealing with
  wars and police actions and other efforts aimed at preserving our access to
  foreign oil. WE talk Democracy. But we support dictatorships, especially if
  the dictator (king)has control over a supply of energy. It's my suspicion that
  this breeds resentment of the United States and provides a fertile ground for
  breeding terrorism. Your beliefs may vary.

  Weary